Food is a way to connect dogs. If you want to train your dog and then treats are an essential tool for getting quick and perfect results. You can easily communicate with your pup by rewarding him when he is behaving well. But, you can’t carry the goodies in your hand. Therefore, you need a treat bag for carrying a few items for your dog.
A treat pouch provides you a way to support and reward your dog out of the way and easy to access. However, carrying treats without the right treat pouch can be a tricky thing. The selection of the right pouch depends on the needs of pet owners. Some like to clip the pouch to their pants, and others prefer to buckle around the waist or a cross body bag with several compartments.
Picking the best dog training treat pouch is a challenging task for some owners. Hence, we have enlisted the best dog training pouch based on their features and quality to help you make a decision.
Why Should I get a dog training treat bag?
Dog training treats bags are essential for every dog owner. As the name indicates, the bag is meant for carrying treats, snacks, and rewards for dogs with you during your dog’s training. In this way, you can quickly feed your dog when he behaves well and earns the treat by positive reinforcement. In addition to this, this gesture makes training more exciting and entertaining.
Apart from treats, the training pouch is useful to carry other necessary items with you. For instance, you can bring a dog’s leash in it or baggies for its droppings. The training pouches can also be used to carry your keys and mobile phone during training or playing with your pup buddy.
Things to consider for getting the best dog training treat pouch
There are numerous treat bags for dogs these days, but it is crucial to consider the following few factors.
The dog training pouches come with different materials. Most of the time, low-quality material bags ripped off quickly. On the contrary, bags with high-quality material are long-lasting and durable. Moreover, these bags with good material are easy to wash and clean.
The treat bags come with different compartments or pockets. If you need sufficient space to carry your items, you should buy a treat pouch with extra pockets.
3. Comfort and design
The design of the treat bag is a very crucial factor. As you need to carry the bag with yourself, the comfort level matters a lot. The pouch should be portable and comfortable. Also, the shape should be compatible to sit against your body. Always have a look at the bag’s parts, such as carrying handles and shoulder strap.
A small bag with some attachments is easy to fit for accessories and your needs as well. Moreover, the bag should be easy to open because it’s messy to struggle with the bag during training. But, it should be secure at the same time. There are several closure styles, such as drawstrings, zippers, magnetic closures, and Velcro flaps. You can pick one which suits you well.
Most of the training treat bags are small in size, but some of the pouches can hold full size treats for one or two dogs. But this feature is dependent on your dog’s size and the nature of your training.
Bigger dogs will have bigger appetites, and if the training session is long, you need to have a good-sized snack as a reward. Similarly, if your training is difficult and complicated, you will need a bigger treat and a larger bag.
A lining keeps your pouch tidy and clean. If the lining is water-resistant, it is a plus point for you because you can easily carry wet or oily treats. Moreover, the liner helps you to keep the bag clean and smell free.
- Best Dog Grooming Scissors (2020 Review)
- Best Pet GPS Tracker No Monthly Fee in 2020 (buyer’s guide)
- Best Dog Repellents for Lawns in 2020 (Buyer’s Guide)
Best dog training treat pouch
- Paw lifestyle dog treat training pouch
- PetSafe Treat Pouch sport
- Doggone good rapid rewards deluxe dog training bag
- EcoCity Upgrade version dog treat pouch
- RB pets buddy pouch
- Bark Outfitters large dog treat pouch
1. Paw lifestyle dog treat training pouch:
- Grey in color
- Drawstring closure to hold things securely.
- Easy to clean green lining to spot treats
- Dog poop bag holder to use when you need them.
- 2 D-rings to grab training clicker quickly
- Light in weight nylon fabric with water-resistant property
- Adjustable waistband with 48″ and can be removed if you don’t want it.
- Removable shoulder strap and strong metal clip
- Two storage pockets with zipper
- High-quality front mesh netting to hold your stuff
Paw lifestyle dog treat training pouch is more than a bag to hold treats. You can wear it in three ways. Firstly, with a shoulder strap over the shoulder or crossbody, secondly, with an adjustable waistband of 48 inches length, and lastly, with the help of a metal belt clip. Three different ways are designed to provide a comfortable walk or training sessions.
The pouch comes with a drawstring on the top, which protects the treats from rain. There are also D rings on both sides of the pouch where you can clip any toy or clicker. Furthermore, a high-quality front mesh pocket has enough space for your things or a dog’s toy. The bag has a front pocket with a zipper to keep keys or ID. One of the fantastic features is the poop bag dispenser, which is on the pouch’s backside. The poop bags are easy to access and tear off when you need them. Moreover, the exterior is water-resistant and easy to clean.
2. PetSafe Treat Pouch Sport:
- Available in mini and standard size
- comes in three different colors, including black, blue and red
- Pouch measure 7.5″ in length and 6.5″ in height
- Divided pockets for treats
- Hinge opening
- Front accessible open storage pocket for keys and phone
- Carabineer for keys and clik-R
- Adjustable belt clip
- Removable waist strap with 48” adjustable length
- Easy to wash
- Waterproof and stain-resistant fabric
The PetSafe treat pouch has a unique opening and closing mechanism. It holds the bag open until you want to close it. The controllable access makes it one of the best dog training treat pouch. When the hinge is closed, then treats are protected, and there will be no falling out during active games or training. The bag has two spate pockets where you can put different treats and use one side for toys or poop bags.
In addition to this, the front pocket is large and has enough space to carry your cash or cellphone. A carabineer is placed on one side that can hold the clicker or keys. The pouch has two wearing options, one with a belt clip and the other is with the help of an adjustable waist clip with 48 inches length. Besides this, the bag is easy to clean; you can wash it in a machine.
The PetSafe treat pouch is well known for its quality products, so you don’t need to worry about the bag’s durability.
3. Doggone Good Rapid Rewards Deluxe Dog Training Bag:
- Comes in 3 colors: purple, blue and red
- Magnetic closure with cord pull
- Spacious main compartment
- Jackpot pocket with Velcro closure
- Grey interior for easy visibility
- Zippered back compartment
- Molded belt clip with a firm grip
- Belt loops to attach with a waist belt
- Pouch measures 5.75″ width, 2.75″ depth, and 6.75″ height.
- Durable polyester fabric
- Washable in machine
- Two side pockets for clicker or whistles
- D-ring attachment for carabineers
- Waste bag dispenser on one side pocket
The doggone useful treat pouch is large and has sufficient space. A central pocket is used for treats and other pockets for the waste bag, clicker, and cell phones. The closing mechanism comes with a magnetic seal at the top. Therefore, it closes quickly and keeps the dogs away from the treat.
The treat pouch is easy to clean because it is machine washable. The fabric is a high quality 600- denier polyester, which makes it durable and tough. Besides this, the pouch is scratch resistant. The interior color of the pouch is grey, which helps to spot treats in the dark. Moreover, a hidden pocket with a zipper allows you to carry your valuable things such as a wallet and cell phone.
4. EcoCity Upgrade version dog treat pouch:
- High-quality 600D material
- Nylon fabric
- Light in weight and water-resistant
- Sufficient space with zipper pockets to carry things safely
- Three different ways to wear with belt clip, waistband, or shoulder strap
- Built-in dog poop bag dispenser
- 42 inches adjustable and removable waistband
- Strong metal clip for carbineer
- Pouch measures 8 inches length, 5.5 inches width, and 2.6 inches height
The EcoCity upgrade version dog treat pouch for training is undoubtedly the perfect and efficient treat bag. The pouch is made up of high-quality nylon and can easily withstand for a longer time. The pouch design is compact; however, it can carry a vast number of items with safety and security. The size of the bag looks small, but it is spacious enough. The pockets are built in a brilliant way to distribute a large number of treats.
The pouch is ergonomic and comfortable to carry during walking or a dog training session. The three different options to wear the bag makes it more adaptive. The bag is waterproof; therefore, your treats remain dry even during rain. Besides this, a dog poop bag dispenser is also included. Hence you can use it anywhere during your dog training.
5. RB pets buddy pouch:
- Comes in two colors, yellow/black and rose pink/black
- Multi-purpose pouch
- No belt or clip to hold
- Magnetically connects to belt or waistband.
- The pouch measures 6 inches in length and 4 inches in width.
- Two inner Velcro pockets to separate the items and treats.
- Light in weight and easy to clean
- Discreet and sleek design
The RB pet buddy pouch is easy to use and simple in design. It is perfect for casual training sessions. The pouch is comfortable due to its sleek profile and lack of complex hardware. RB pouch is a no clip magnetic bag which can be used for multi-purpose. You can attach it with your waistband using its magnetic property.
The pouch consists of two separate pockets to divide treats and other items. One of these pockets is water-resistant. Therefore, you can place your valuable item here to keep that dry and moisture-free.
6. Bark Outfitters large dog treat pouch:
- available in two colors, including orange and blue
- Drawstring closure to allow adjustable opening and closing
- Professional quality nylon fabric, durable
- Easy to clean and machine washable
- Deep and large capacity bag
- Sturdy claps and built-in loop to attach on waistband and belt, respectively
- Two sides meshed pockets for clickers, accessories, and waste bags.
- Sides D rings for whistles and keys.
Bark Outfitter is a professional quality pouch that can carry many snacks and treats for your dog. The size of the pouch measures 8.46 x 7.17 x 1.5 inches. There is a sturdy clip to hook on your waist belt quickly. Besides this, sides pocket are meshed and used for carrying small items such as clickers or dog poop bags. These side pockets are small in size; therefore, you should be careful about things before putting in.
The main compartment is deep and large enough to carry balls or other toys. Moreover, you can carry large treats or an excess number of treats and snacks for more than one dog. The pouch also has a built-in loop that can be attached to the belt. Furthermore, the bag is water-resistant and easy to clean, even in machines.
The products mentioned above are worth considering. Dog training treat pouch is a perfect companion not only during training but also when you are outside. When the dog behaves well, he deserves a treat. Besides this, when you are with your dog, you always need a dog poop bag dispenser. No one can rely only on plastic bags, or they can’t carry it in their pockets. Therefore, the training pouches which come with waste bag dispensers are reliable and helpful.
Depending upon your requirement of pockets, space, expenses, and the number of dogs, you can easily pick one of the dog training treat pouches to make your life easy.
Which is the right size of the treat to carry in a treat pouch for training?
Treat is served when the dog behaves well or obeys your order. Therefore, you go through a lot of treats. Small and medium-size treats are best, especially during training. Because they help you prolong your training session, they can quickly grab out of the treat bag.
Can I carry dog waste bags in a treat pouch along with dog treats?
Most of the dog training treat pouches come with separate pockets for the dog poop bag dispenser. You load the waste bags in via a zippered pocket, and then you can easily pull out when needed. However, some models don’t have a dog poop bag dispenser or any separate pocket to carry bags. In that case, you can store the bags along with dog treats.
Are dog training treat pouches washable?
Dog treat bags are usually easy to clean. However, some of them allow you to wash it in machines, while others only recommend handing wash or spot clean. Besides these, silicone dog treat pouches can be submerged underwater and then left for air dry.
What is a dog treat pouch?
A dog treat pouch is a small bag used to carry dog treats for training or outside walks. The bag can be attached to the belt, waistband, or worn with a shoulder strap over the shoulder or crossbody. The pouches have storage pockets, poop bag dispensers, and D rings. You can also carry your accessories such as cell phones and keys, with complete safety and security.