Dog paws are delicate and easily get damaged by extreme weather conditions or road salt. Therefore, it is crucial to protect dog paws. There are numerous best paw protectors for dogs to keep their feet safe from sharp rocks, hot floor, and cold snow. If you have a paw protector, it can make it more comfortable to go out for a walk without worrying about getting a paw injury.
Paw protectors are designed to protect paws from infection, injury, and extreme weather. A harsh climate can prevent your dog from playing or walking due to cracked and dry feet. Are you confused about other paw protecting products? Luckily, it’s your destination because we have reviewed the best paw protection for dogs in winters and summers based on their features.
Types of dog paw protectors and how it works?
There are various types of dog paw protectors for hot pavement, cold floor, and hard rocks. However, all the protectors have a similar effect with a little difference; your dog’s preference and product texture matter. A dog paw protector comes in the form of lotion, balm, paw butter, waxes, and boots, etc. Some people like dog boots for paw protection, but the dogs may not feel comfortable during long walks; however, balms and lotions are great alternatives.
Dog paw wax or balm moisturizes the dog’s paws from being dry or cracked. The cracked feet sometimes start to bleed, in winters mostly. The wax or cream hydrates the paws to prevent dryness and bleeding.
Expert Guide: How to Choose Best Paw Protectors For Dogs
The most important thing to consider before buying the best paw protectors for dogs is the ingredients used. The elements should be from a natural source because they have less or no side effects. Moreover, natural ingredients are not toxic. Some components, such as zinc oxide and hydrocortisone, should be avoided. The elements which are safe for humans are not always safe for dogs.
You should consider balms or lotions with Shea butter, rosemary extract, beeswax, lavender oil, coconut oil, and Vitamin E because these are safe for dogs.
Dogs often lick their paws after long walks and getting back home. Consequently, they ingest the product applied to their paws. Therefore, dog paw protectors should be non-toxic. Paw balms and waxes have an advantage in that they do not allow the dogs to get infected.
Best Paw Protectors For Dogs – Best Selling
Last update on 2021-03-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Paw Protectors For Dogs in 2021
- Baely’s paw shield, dog paw protection wax
- Natural dog company paw soother
- Musher’s secret pet paw protection wax for dogs
- Paw nectar organic and natural paw wax
- Burt’s bees paw and nose lotion
- Bodhi dog organic paw balm
- Provides moisture and a nutrient-rich environment to dog’s paws
- Quick healing of dry, cracked, and damaged paws
- Beeswax blend protects the paws in cold and hot weather by encapsulating them.
- Non-staining and solid at room temperature
- Safe even if a dog licks his paws
- High-quality wax with all-natural ingredients
- Contains natural beeswax and premium quality plant butter
The Baely’s protection wax heals the dog’s paws and moisture them. The wax forms a thin layer over paws to protect them from dryness, cracking, or chapping during extreme weather. However, it isn’t easy to apply. Once it is used, any irritation vanishes away.
The ingredients used in this product are all-natural and organic, therefore, safe for all dogs. The wax is perfectly safe even if a dog ingests it or licks paws after application. Daily use softens the paws and stops the dog from sliding on the floor. You should apply it before a walk or at night.View on Amazon
- Protect and soothe dog paws during extreme weather
- treat dry, cracked, damaged, and irritated dog paws
- heal paw wounds, allergies, scars, and dry elbows
- plant-based natural and organic ingredients without any toxic substance
- contains ultra-nourishing ingredients such as calendula extract, natural vitamin E, coconut oil, jojoba oil, cocoa butter, and hempseed oil
- keep paws smooth and healthy
- highly effective and safe for all dogs with rough, dry, and chapped paw pads
- safe even on licking
- easy to apply
- 15oz trial stick of paw soother balm
The natural dog company paw soother balm comes in the form of a stick, easy to apply. The application needs clean paws. Then rub the bar gently on the paw pads. Allow paws to dry, and the best time to use the balm is before bedtime. You should apply the balm three times a day if dog paws are cracked or damaged. Gradually decrease the application as the damaged area improves.
Paw soothers are great dog paw protectors for running because they moisturize and soothe paws. The balm also protects the scaly and dry paws. One of the best things f this paw balm is that it contains natural ingredients, therefore, it is edible, and paw licking doesn’t cause any tummy upsets.View on Amazon
- form a breathable shield and act as an invisible boot to walk and play safely
- high-quality paw soother with 100% natural ingredients such as beeswax and vitamin E
- semipermeable and allow perspiration
- heals cracks, wounds, and chapped paws
- also works on ears, snout, elbows, and other hot spots
- absorbs in seconds and fast-drying, non-toxic formula
- non-staining even on carpets
- safe and easy to apply
- can be used for all animals such as dogs, cats, horses, and chickens
- 1oz in a small container
Musher’s secret wax is one of the best paw protectors for dogs due to its effects. The wax contains vitamin E. All the ingredients are pure and natural, therefore, safe for all dogs.
The product is not only for dogs, but it can also be used for cats, horses, kittens, and chickens. Moreover, the wax is not only for paws. You can apply it on elbows, ears, nose, under jaws, snouts, under the tail, and hot spots.
Musher’s wax forms a thick breathable barrier to protect the affected area. The non-toxic and non-staining formula makes the product more attractive.View on Amazon
- Rapid action and long-lasting due to deep penetration
- Sooth, protect, and heals damaged and scratched paws
- Safe for dogs due to natural and organic ingredients
- Contains coconut oil, vitamin E, soy oil, Shea butter, cocoa butter, lavender oil, coconut oil, rosemary seed extract, aloe, and avocado oil
- 2oz of paw balm
The paw nectar wax contains a lot of ingredients, and all the components are natural and pure. The wax has quick action after applying, and the effects remain for a long time due to the deep penetration of wax in the damaged area. Besides this, the wax heals and soothes cracked and dry paws.
The pleasant smell can attract the dog to ingest or lick his paws after application. However, wax has no chemicals or toxic ingredients, so it is 100% safe for dogs.
The wax comes in a small container. Apply liberally to the paw pads by rubbing paws to the wax surface directly and massage gently. Use it daily for better results.View on Amazon
- High-quality lotion with natural ingredients such as olive oil and rosemary
- Nourish, soothe, protect and heal dog cracked and dry paws, nose, and ears
- Naturally, moisturize to restore dog’s paws
- pH balanced lotion and suitable for all dogs and puppies
- free of sulfates, harsh chemicals, and fragrance
- oz lotion in 5fl.oz bottle
Burt’s bees are a well-known brand since 1984. It comes in the form of lotion, which can be used for both cats and dogs. The lotion moisturizes and heals cracked and dry paws. Moreover, you can use it on elbows, ears, or nose.
The plant-based natural ingredients are completely safe even on licking. The main components are rosemary, which moisturizes the paws, and olive oil as a smoothening agent.
Due to the lotion form, the application is effortless. Gently rub lotion into the dog’s paw pads and dry snouts after playing or walks. Use regularly for better results.View on Amazon
- 100% organic and natural ingredients such as Shea butter, beeswax, calendula extract, jojoba oil, and hemp seed oil
- Moisturize and restore crusted, dry, cracked, and irritated paw pads and make them healthy and smooth by comforting them
- Easy to use and immediate action
- The right choice for sensitive paws due to non-toxic and hypo-allergenic formula
- Plant-based blend without sulfates, dyes, artificial preservatives, or fragrances
- Pleasant smell and non-greasy
- It can be used for dogs, kittens, and cats of all breeds and sizes
- USDA certified, safe even on licking
- Three different sizes of containers are available with 2oz, 4oz, and 8oz of balm
The Bodhi dog organic paw balm heals and treats itchy and dry paws. The balm has a quick onset of action. Moreover, it is one of the best paw protectors for sensitive dog paws.
There are few ingredients in the balm, and all the components are organic and natural. The balm is useful to prevent dry paws even if they are healthy right now.View on Amazon
Dogs like running, walking, and playing; in other words, they love to enjoy their lives. The extreme weather always has an impact on dogs, just like humans. Cold mornings and hot summer days lead to harsh surfaces, and your dog needs protection for his paws during these days. Many vets recommend checking the dog’s paws more and often.
A good quality paw protector will keep your pup comfortable and easy, either in the form of balms or waxes. Best paw balm for dogs is not used only for sore feet, but it also acts as a preventive measure.
What are the reasons for dry paws?
The weather is the most common reason. Winters or hot summers lead towards dry paws and even cracked or burnt paws. Another reason is allergic reactions to chemicals. The chemical exposure can occur by fertilizers when the dog walks on the lawn or in snow.
Can we ignore dry paw pads?
Dry paw pads are not alarming but a severe condition for dogs. The dog paws should be smooth and soft. Dry or cracked paws can cause difficulty for the dog to walk or play. Cracking sometimes also causes bleeding and infection. Hence, you should take care of the dog’s paws.
How do the paw protectors work?
Paw protectors work just like socks or shoes. You apply the wax, lotion, or balm to the dog’s paws and gently rub them. The paw protector forms a thin barrier between the ground and the dog’s paws. This barrier is breathable and safe, even on licking.
Are there any toxic substances in paw protectors?
Most of the dog paws protectors contain natural ingredients or plant-based components that are entirely safe for dogs. However, always check the ingredients before buying a dog paw protector to be sure about safety.